In Great Numbers
- How numbers shape the world we live in.
- Can you imagine a world without numbers? How would we ask for three scoops of ice cream? Why does a minute have 60 seconds anyway and not 100? Where does zero come from and what language do computers understand?
- Over the centuries, people have conceived clever ways to use numbers so that we can understand the world around us better, build cities, find our way home, and much more. In Great Numbers tells the story of this groundbreaking invention. 1, 2, 3, go!
- Author: Isabel Thomas, Robert Klanten, Maria-Elisabeth Niebius and Raphael Honigstein.
- Illustrated by Daniela Olejníková.
- Suitable for 7-9 year olds.
- Hardback book with 64 pages.
- 24 x 28 cm.
- Published: May 2020.
Local Delivery to Leighton Buzzard, Linslade and Heath & Reach: Free for orders over £15, use code FREELB to make use of this service. If your order is under £15 you can make use of free click and collect from our store or choose an alternative shipping option.
UK mainland & ROI: £3.95+ (depending on the weight of your items). We ship using Royal Mail Tracked 48 which can take between 5-7 working days to arrive. Please note that all orders are subject to delivery delays at the moment and can take up to 14 days to arrive. Larger orders may incur further costs which will be calculated at the checkout.
EU & International: We do not currently offer shipping outside the UK, sorry!
We can add a gift message to any order for free! To add your message, simply look for the 'add your instructions to seller' button at the checkout and pop your text in the box. We will include this on our branded postcard inside your order and leave out the invoice by default.
Want it Gift Wrapping?
We can wrap your order in beautiful tissue paper and add a hand-written card for just £2.50. Click here to add Gift Wrapping